Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Ali Larter in Shape Magazine

Ali shares her tips for staying sexy & strong with Shape.

Larter opens up about taking chances, her secret trick for controlling high-calorie splurges, and the one healthy habit she’ll never, ever give up.

Make exercise a top priority—no excuses!

“Working out has always been a part of my life,” says Ali, who grew up playing sports like softball and soccer. “Now that I’m in my 30s, it’s become even more important for me to take care of myself.” A dedicated runner, Ali takes advantage of the near-perfect Los Angeles weather with 25-minute morning jogs three or four times a week through the Hollywood Hills. “This is nonnegotiable,” she says of her two- to three-mile run. “I don’t think about it, I just do it. I never, ever miss my workout. Never!”

Indulge your senses…sensibly

Because she’s so active, Ali has always been at a healthy weight. But she also credits moderation for her slim figure. “One night, I splurge and have pasta and champagne and finish with a chocolate soufflé. The next, it’s a salad for dinner and frozen yogurt for dessert,” she says. Generally, Ali sticks to an all-organic diet consisting of cereal, like muesli, with vanilla soy milk for breakfast and a grilled chicken salad for lunch. “I love to cook my own dinners,” says Ali. “But I rarely eat carbs at night because I tend to put on pounds when I do. So I just make a sauce, like a thick lamb ragout, skip the bread and pasta, and add a salad.”

This issue of Shape hits newsstands today.

Labels:

 
posted by Eeyore at 10:47 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: