Monday, February 11, 2008
Natalie Cole Critiques Winehouse Grammy Nods

Natalie Cole blasted The Grammys for giving multiple awards to Amy "Wino" Winehouse:

“I'm going on record as an artist who is able to critique [Amy Winehouse]. I think she has a great talent, but I don't agree with the Grammys giving her those nods. I think it sends the wrong message, that even in the midst of her stupor of drugs she can get nominated for all these awards. It's a slap in the face to musicians and artists who work very hard that they turn around and give it to someone who really obviously doesn't have a grasp of what she has. I've been in this business over 25 years and I sacrificed five years of my own life on drugs and almost lost my life because of it. So I take great offence to almost see someone getting glory out of being in the position that they're in – she needs to get her life together and embrace her craft, she will lose it if she doesn't get it together.”

- Natalie Cole

Wino accepted 5 awards via satellite, and performed a two song set.

Source: Perez Hilton

Labels: ,

 
posted by Eeyore at 1:38 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: