Saturday, March 3, 2007
Gwen Stefani Hated Being Pregnant

In a statement destined to piss off mothers everywhere, Gwen Stefani says she hated being pregnant and she felt fat and unnatractive to boot. Much like Angelina Jolie calling baby Shiloh a "blob", Gwen's comments could have an effect on how her fans view her as a mother and an icon.

Pop singer Gwen Stefani hated being pregnant - insisting it made her feel "gross". The Hollaback girl, who gave birth to her first child Kingston in May 2006, found out she was expecting half way through a 42-date US tour, struggled to fit into her many stage costumes which made her feel fat and unattractive. She says, "I was surprised how much I didn't enjoy pregnancy. Having something growing in your stomach feels so unnatural. Your body's changing and you can't control it. You just feel gross. "I was having to get up on stage, wearing bathing suits, looking fat. Nobody knew I was pregnant, except me. They were constantly having to add extra panels to my costumes. "To be honest, I was feeling pretty bad about myself."

This coming from a woman who has made her reputation on looking and acting comfortable in her body, and being super athletic and healthy. During her pregnancy Gwen was always photographed looking incredibly chic and well put together as well.

Jolie made a similar mistake, and criticism rained down on her like cats and dogs, when she referred to her baby as a lifeless blob in a magazine interview. She was criticised for being more unfeeling and uncaring toward her younger, more helpless biological child, than toward her older adopted children who came from third world countries, and were less privileged as babies.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Eeyore at 12:23 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At Sunday, 04 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am not sure why that would annoy anybody - it was not as if she said she hated her baby. I must admit that I felt fat in the latter stages of my pregnancy too and couldn't wait for the day to arrive!