Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Wahlberg and Phoenix Were Original Gay Cowboys

Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix were the original lead contenders for 'Brokeback Mountain', but Wahlberg admits he was glad when filmmaker Ang Lee passed him over, because he "was creeped out by the script."

Wahlberg explains, "I met with Ang Lee on that movie, I read 15 pages of the script and got a little creeped out. It was very graphic, descriptive - the spitting on the hand, getting ready to do the thing. I told Ang Lee, 'I like you, you're a talented guy, if you want to talk about it more...' Thankfully, he didn't."

Marky Mark admits that both he and Joaquin were uncomfortable with the male on male tent sex scenes. He is happy with how it all ultimately turned out, however.

He adds, "I didn't rush to see 'Brokeback,' it's just not my deal... Obviously, it was done in taste - look how it was received."

Source

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Eeyore at 9:10 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: