Monday, February 5, 2007
Matt Damon's Formula for Success
free image hosting

Source: Contact Music
Matt Damon reveals that he doesn't mind being the second choice for scripts in Hollywood. In fact, he says that it's been his formula for success so far, and he doesn't take it personally when a script comes his way after being turned down by a bigger name.

"That's the way it works. Every script has someone else's fingerprints on it. "For years Tom Cruise's fingerprints were on every script. I was probably just somewhere down the line. But to me, you want to just be on that list. And try to stay on that list. And not be comparing yourself to other people on that list."

He also said that it's an honor to just be included on the list, and his goal is to just keep remaining somewhere on it. He understands that making that list regularly is an achievement in itself. Ego doesn't play a part, and he has learned to set that aside and take those roles that others have turned down in order to get ahead.

Good for Matt. It's rare to see a Hollywood guy not be ego driven and be as down to earth as he is.

Labels:

 
posted by Eeyore at 8:56 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At Monday, 05 February, 2007, Blogger Lora_3

    Everybody says my son look like Matt Damon. So when something is written about him I've got to read it. Like I think I'm his Mommy. My own son has the same down to earth personality. Matt Damon and my son are just two great guys! LOL

    Be safe...