Thursday, February 14, 2008
Michelle Williams' Interview in Wonderland

Before Heath Ledger's death, Michelle Williams gave this interview to Wonderland, a UK publication.

On the most extravagant thing she's ever bought: "Probably my house. Is that an extravagance? I used to collect rare books. My prized book is a really beautiful unbound Shakespeare, which never made it to the publishers. I used to buy them to commemorate a job but I haven’t done it in a while. I have a penchant for Victorian jewelery now so I’m always on eBay. I’ve had to cool down because it got out of hand. I was setting my alarm for three in the morning to bid."

On whether or not she uses acting to get attention: "It’s a generalization but actors are either extroverts or introverts, it’s true. I’ve been thinking a lot recently about why I act because I think of myself as more of an introvert. I embarrass easily. I have such problems with people looking at me. So I think, ‘Why do I do this to myself? Why do I do something so public?’ But I never expected it to be this public. It does seem like a funny choice for somebody who doesn’t really like attention."

On Katie Holmes' wedding: "Everybody wants to know that. No, I didn’t go because I was working on The Tourist. To be honest, we’re not really in touch."

On being a workaholic: "Sometimes I wonder but I’m very happy at home just reading a book or pottering about. I love domestic life. I’m really my mother’s daughter. I like needlepoint, folding laundry and baking bread. I can be happy doing that stuff for a long time. But right now the work is so good and the opportunities are so remarkable - they’re what I’ve always hoped for - that it’s hard to pass up. You always wonder how long the good roles will keep coming."

Labels: ,

 
posted by Eeyore at 9:52 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: