Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Music Fans Meet Eric Hutchinson

I was just browsing MySpace music when I stumbled across the currently unsigned Eric Hutchinson. I loved the catchy beats, acoustic sound, and smart lyrics that don't rely on stupid opening lines like "It's Britney, Bitch." I immediately thought of Jason Mraz when I heard the tunes, but Hutchinson definitely has his own sound. He has a nice, mellow voice that isn't overproduced, and a sound that is grass roots with an alternative hook, and is very listenable. Is that a word?

Hutchinson says he is influenced by Stevie Wonder, The Beatles , Michael Jackson, Elvis Costello, Paul Simon, Prince, Billy Joel, Ben Folds Five, G. Love and Special Sauce.

Check out Eric's MySpace page and judge for yourself.

Labels:

 
posted by Eeyore at 11:41 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: