Monday, May 7, 2007
Hilton Fires Longtime Publicist After Jail Sentencing

Elliot Mintz, the long suffering publicist of celebutard heiress Paris Hilton, got his butt canned this week. Paris cast all the blame on the guy for her driving on a suspended license, claiming that he had told her the license was not suspended.

Hilton tried to hang him out to dry to the judge who heard her case, but he didn't buy it, and sentenced the heiress/actress to 45 days in lock-up.

I guess Paris isn't as great of an actress as she thinks she is.

Mintz issued the following statement regarding his firing to TMZ:

The day after the hearing, I sent an e-mail expressing my sadness over the ruling of the judge and the irrational sentence he imposed. In that e-mail I also offered my sincerest apology for any misunderstanding she received from me regarding the terms of her probation. To the extent that I have miscommunicated information I received from her attorneys......I am deeply and profoundly sorry. I told her that I assume personal responsibility for my part in this matter. I believe when stated in court that she believed it was o.k. for her to drive under certain circumstances she was being absolutely truthful. Due to this misunderstanding, I am no longer representing Paris. For the record, I have nothing but love and respect for Paris and her family. Paris is a wonderful person and does not deserve the punishment that was handed down by the court. I only wish her my best.

Source

Labels:

 
posted by Eeyore at 7:44 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: