Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Columbia U. Students Want a Different Speaker

Matthew Fox has been booked to speak at commencement at Columbia University, and the students aren't happy about it. They cite numerous entertainers who are alumni of the school who would have been better suited than forgettable Matthew Fox. The list includes Anna Paquin, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Brian DePalma...even Brian Dennehy would have been a better choice. Just not the guy who was quoted recently as saying "I'm a liar and a cheat and a thief and the ultimate manipulator. ... I tell lies every day, man," the 40-year-old actor says in the February issue of Men's Journal magazine. "And when I say I'm phenomenally manipulative, I am."

He goes on to have a couple other choice quotes that go a little something like this: "I really enjoy social boozing, and what I enjoy about it is when people I know and care about say and do things they normally wouldn't say or do," he tells the magazine. "To make that happen I'll instigate anything."

"As for the skinny-dipping, when I was a kid there wasn't a huge delineation in our family between having clothes on or not having clothes on,"

Is this the guy we want shaping the minds of the kids about to go off in the world and do great things?

Read the entire Columbia University rant here.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Eeyore at 5:46 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: